Sunday of Strength

Sunday 26th 3pm. After a big night out.

The Aus TSC is on in 3 weeks so i wanted to see where i was at. Not the best day to try.. oh well.

3 attempt Maximum Deadlft.
I don't have many barbell plates so i got comrade Rohan to bring around his 40kg bell, together with my 40 and 2x32's we'd have a decent deadlifting weight. I started with the 8kg barbell and hung a 40kg kettlebell on each side and pulled a double.
1st Attempt:8kg barbell a 32 and a 24 on each side. 120kg completed
2nd attempt: 8kg barbell a 40 and a 24 on each side. 136kg: completed
3rd attempt: 8kg barbell a 40 and 32 on each side:152kg: failed

Maximum Pull-ups with 10kg.
I don't have a 10kg plate but lucky my home made weight belt is made of heavy chain so with the 8kg. it was very close to 10kg
Maxed out with 8reps.

1 arm KB Snatches 5mins Max reps with 24kg

Wow what killer. I had no idea how to structure the sets and reps. First set 10each side corkscrew style. This felt to slow. So I changed to the hard style and started belting them out for another 10 each side. Dropped the bell and was about 2min in. 3rd set 5 a side. then a couple of sets of 2reps. I then heard my time man called 1min remaining. I belted out 10 on the right side dropped the bell picked it up for 8 on the left. I still had close to 30secs left but i was thrashed. Total:40R+38L=78reps in 5 MIns.

After I had recovered It was time for some H2H kettlebell flips with the 40kg bulldog.
2-hand backward and forward flips.
1-arm backward flips - first time success.

Muscle-ups 3, 2, 2, on staight chin bar.

Clean and jerked 2x32KB
Attempted cleaning 2x40 no go. I tried the same a few weeks ago with the same result.
I wasn't going to let the past results stop me.
The next go was sweet! I had cleaned a 40kilo kettlebell in each hand @ 70kg bodyweight.

My mate Rohan cleaned and jerked two 40's for the first time!!

--
COMPLETE STRENGTH From Ordinary to Extraordinary there are no Excuses....