The Spirit of Strength Returns..

Since the the Tactical Strength Competition i haven't focused on max strength. I have mainly been doing strength/mobilty work and bodyweight exercises The old 2.5pood lay in hibernation...

Until today..

I decided to visit a mate for workout. He just had the arrival of a few more bells, 12, 16 and 24kg.
To make up for some pairs that were stolen and little one for his girlfriend and nice power rack with the works. I felt in the mood for some heavy barbell military presses my previous max a few years ago was 57.5kg.. A single and all out @ a bodyweight of 69kg.

After some joint mobility and a few medium to heavy singles, I worked up to 60kg with good form. After some rest I went all out with 62.5kg with a rep speed that was very.. slow but made with confidence. On to the kettlebells.. just playing around pulled out a few 40kg snatches, double 24 snatches, 2x32 alternating cleans (1 count) and a 32 + 32 two-hands anyhow, got the 32kg curl made it up and just failed getting the second sucker above my head.

A fun afternoon...